What to do if I have a probation violation hearing tomorrow but have not completed my community service?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I have a probation violation hearing tomorrow but have not completed my community service?

I did not do the 40 hours of community service for 2 reasons. First of all, the only time to do this is Mon-Fri, 7 am-3 pm. I recently got a job to get off welfare and support my 2 children myself. I work 8-4 Tuesday-Sat (some Mondays half days). I have only been at this job almost 3 months and don’t want to lose it (to take a full week off). Also, I do have an anxiety disorder which effects me in crowded areas or public places. I have had this for 3 years and see a doctor monthly. I can’t afford an attorney. I have to do this myself and don’t know what I can do. This is my first time that I have been in trouble; it was a misdemeanor. The fines are paid .

Asked on September 30, 2013 under Criminal Law, Ohio


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Hello. Do contact an attorney licensed in YOUR state. The attorney will advise you and you can form arrangements for her/him to appear at court with you and assist you. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.



Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily



Minnesota Law Firm



IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption