If I have a pending misdemeanor embezzlement charge against me, howdo Iapproach this from a job perspective?

UPDATED: Aug 5, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I have a pending misdemeanor embezzlement charge against me, howdo Iapproach this from a job perspective?

I have not gone to court over this issue, and am not scheduled to go to court for another 3 weeks. When I have a background report done, it appears as “Pending Warrant Issued”. I know I have to be honest with employers about the charge against me, but I am not sure how to approach it.

Asked on August 5, 2011 West Virginia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

With respect to the pending job interview that you have, if the issue of criminal matters pops up I recommend that you simply tell the truth with respect to your situation. If you fib and get the job, your employer legally can terminate you later on for being dishonest in the job interview process.

Possibly the interviewer will appreciate your honesty and because of that you will get the position you have applied for.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption