If I have a linen contract with an auto renewal clause that went un-noticed at signing, how can I get out of it?

UPDATED: Dec 18, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 18, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I have a linen contract with an auto renewal clause that went un-noticed at signing, how can I get out of it?

It is for another term.

Asked on December 18, 2013 under Business Law, Kentucky


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You will need to stay in the term or breach it and pay whatever liquidated damages are set in the contract. The problem is that you are legally responsible to know what is in the "four corners of the contract."  Without additional information, these are the only two main remedies available. You can try to talk to the person who wrote the contract and see if they would agree to "surrender" that term and not make you liable for any fees for it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption