I have a detective who keeps calling and harrassing me

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I have a detective who keeps calling and harrassing me

I have a detective who has been calling me asking me to go in for questioning for a ring of stolen lawn mowers investigation he made the mistake last week and told me his office was located at the combined anti-drug taskforce office cat team I spoke with my friend who is a public defender in the same parish and he told me they would not have a theft detective working in that same building that there office is located at a different location. I don’t sell drugs and don’t understand why they would want to speak with me. Should I go in and talk to them or should I just not talk to them?

Asked on April 12, 2017 under Criminal Law, Louisiana


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You do not need to do into the police station for questioning. This is true even if the police come to your house. At this point, you should consult directly with a lawyer ASAP. Do not speak with the police without having your attorney present with you; it's never in someone's best interest to submit to questioning without legal representation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption