I have a deferred DUI sentence completed, do I have a DUI on my record?

UPDATED: Dec 1, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 1, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I have a deferred DUI sentence completed, do I have a DUI on my record?

I’m applying for a job that doesn’t accept a DUI in the last 3 years; I got mine 22 months ago. I fulfilled all requirements of my deferred sentence, what does this mean? What does it look like on my record and can I be hired despite this? This was in CO.

Asked on December 1, 2011 under Criminal Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you received a deferred sentence concerning a driving under the influence of alcohol or of a controlled substance what it means is that the court has put off sentencing you pending some conditions of "court probation" where depending on how well you have done, the court can possibly not sentence you to jail time or anything beyond the probationary period.

Possibly the court can even have the action dismissed pending a satisfaction of the probationary period. To be sure as to what the result is, you will need to go back to court to see what the court will rule. If you do not have a criminal defense attorney representing you in your matter, I suggest that you retain one.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption