What to do about the review of a custody order?

UPDATED: Nov 28, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 28, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about the review of a custody order?

I have a current custody order giving my children’s father and I equal custody where we switch off on a weekly basis. On the week I was to have my kids their father didn’t drop them off and so I had to have a police escort to locate my children and pick them up. The following week their father refused to take them because he wasn’t able to support them, therefore I filed a motion to review my current order so I can get full custody. However, my court date is in a month. Does that mean I will still have to continue with the current order with the weekly switch off?

Asked on November 28, 2012 under Family Law, Hawaii


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Under the laws of all states in this country absent an order on a temporary basis with respect to the matter you have written about, you and your children's father are bound by the order in place subject to modification at the upcoming hearing. Based upon what you have written, you may want to consider consulting with a family law attorney for assistance.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption