I have a car with a 2 year warranty and it has an electrical problem, am I able to get my money back?

UPDATED: Jun 20, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 20, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I have a car with a 2 year warranty and it has an electrical problem, am I able to get my money back?

I have gotten tickets because of the park and brake lights going out but I wasn’t aware that they were out. Also, the lights in the dash go out at the same time the back lights go out. I just want my money back because the car keeps giving me problems.

Asked on June 20, 2012 under General Practice, New Jersey


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

From what you have written with respect to the vehicle that you have that has electrical issues that is under warranty does not warrant you being able to cancel (rescind) your purchase of it and receive the return of the money paid. Since the vehicle is still under warranty, you need to take it back to the dealership to have its mechanic work on the electrical issues that are causing the problems that you have written about.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption