What to do if I have a brother that is incarcerated for enticement of a child?

UPDATED: Nov 25, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 25, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I have a brother that is incarcerated for enticement of a child?

When he pleaded guilty to 5 years he was told by his public defender that he would probably only serve 18 months to 2 years. It has been 1 1/2 years and he has been told he would serve the flat 5 years with no early release. He has appealed it but it has been denied. Does he stand any chance at all of getting an early release?

Asked on November 25, 2013 under Criminal Law, Missouri


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Enticement of a child is a serious offense and not one that courts and jails will likely release early. If your family can get him a new attorney to review his case, that might help determine what might be available to him, including possible parole or probation or review for good behavior.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption