What can I do if I had a bed delivered but they deliver people damaged my floor?

UPDATED: Sep 29, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 29, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if I had a bed delivered but they deliver people damaged my floor?

We have called and called only to get the runaround. We have a claim number from their insurance company but they are dragging their feet. We need to get the floor fixed, but we are not getting any answers. Could I sue for damages?

Asked on September 7, 2015 under Business Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Yes, you may sue for the damages, assuming that they were at fault in some way in causing the damage--that is, that they were, for example, negligent or careless in moving the bed and that's how they damaged the floor. You could sue the individuals who caused the damage and their employer which may be any of the distributor, the retailer, or a third-party delivery service for the cost to repair. For costs equal to or less than the limit for small claims cases, filing in small claims court, acting as your own attorney "pro se" to save costs is a good option.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption