What to do if I got married about 1 1/2 years ago and still haven’t gotten my wedding video?

UPDATED: Sep 17, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 17, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I got married about 1 1/2 years ago and still haven’t gotten my wedding video?

They said many times via email that they would send it to me but they haven’t. It took them forever to even get me my photos to me, way past the time the contract said. They sent me a complementary enlargement because of my wait. I still have no video and thus far have been scared to sue because this video is priceless and I don’t want the money, I want the video. Yet, they keep stringing me along and I’m scared I’m not going to get my video or my money. Businesses shouldn’t be able to lie repeatedly to a customer. What should I do? What are my rights? I’m so heart broken.

Asked on September 17, 2012 under Business Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You have a right to get what you contracted to get--the video--or if they can't provide that, to get monetary compensation. Contracts are enforceable; you can sue the photographer/videographer to get a court order requiring them to provide you the video and/or to get monetary compensation. A lawsuit is the only way to enforce your rights if they will not voluntarily honor their obligations.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption