I got in a car accident and was forced to got in a ambulance car. now i have a bill i cant pay! what should i do?

UPDATED: Jun 7, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 7, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I got in a car accident and was forced to got in a ambulance car. now i have a bill i cant pay! what should i do?

My friend asked me to drive her car and we got in a car accident. I dont have any insurance, no car, no home and now no job. I received a bill that i cant pay.

Asked on June 7, 2009 under Accident Law, Florida


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

This charge comes under the heading of "accident response fee".  There is pending legislation in Florida (or perhaps just passed legislation) outlawing these fees - with the exception of ambulance services.  Absent insurance coverage, I think that you are going to have to pay this bill.  However I'm not licensed in Florida and perhaps there is something in the proposed (new) law on this issue of which I am unaware.

Bottom line, you could have had internal bleeding; yours was not an insignificant injury.  If you did have internal bleeding, and they let you wait for your parents and something happened, my guess is you or your family would suing them now.  


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You were forced to get into an ambulance? No, either you were okay and could have chosen to be transported by someone to the hospital. Or you were badly hurt and should be grateful you were transported.

As to your insurance, what about your friend's insurance.  It should have covered other drivers.  Check with your friend.  Or was the accident your fault? If your fault, then unfortunately, you may need to consider other avenues to attempt to pay.

Why do you not have a job -- were you laid off or fired due to the accident? There are a lot of missing pieces here.

Try legal aid in your state.  Try www.attorneypages.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption