What to do if I got hurt on the job and had to have a total knee replacement?

UPDATED: Jan 9, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 9, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I got hurt on the job and had to have a total knee replacement?

I was out for a total of 6 months. During my time out my supervisor called me and there were some words exchanged between the 2 of us that weren’t very pleasing. Once I returned to work which was just today he gave me a letter stating that I am suspended for 30 days for being insubornate to him during that telephone conversation. Is it legal for him to get away with this being that I was out on workmens comp during this time and not at work

Asked on January 9, 2013 under Employment Labor Law, New Jersey


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Given what you have written, it appears that there may be some discrimination as to you by your supervisor due to you being out on a worker's compensation claim. You need to document what happened with human resources and/or the local department of labor.

You also need to bring the situation to the person in charge of your supervisor to get the matter resolved and documented. The problem needs to be nipped in the bud from what you have written.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption