I got charged with an MIP of alcohol /paraphernalia and was wondering ifI should plea guilty or not guilty?

UPDATED: Feb 10, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 10, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I got charged with an MIP of alcohol /paraphernalia and was wondering ifI should plea guilty or not guilty?

I am 16 and this is my first offense. There were 2 water bottles both a quarter filled with alcohol and a bowl piece in my car. I took a PBT test and blew a zero. I have not received my court date yet.

Asked on February 10, 2012 under Criminal Law, Nevada


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

As a minor charged with being in possession of alcohol, I recommend that before you make any plea concerning the charge against you that you consult with a criminal defense attorney to assist you. I would listen to what the attorney suggests as the best way to resolve the situation.

Potentially the court can place you on court probation for a certain period of time. You will probably be required to do community service work. If you are successful with your court ordered probation, the court may then dismiss the charge against you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption