I got a massage in the mall and now I’m in constant pain is do?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I got a massage in the mall and now I’m in constant pain is do?

Thursday, I received a 30 min massage.
The massage was a little rough but I
thought that’s just the type of massage
they do so I didn’t say anything.
Normally I can take some discomfort.
But a few times during the massage it
began to hurt. She stayed pretty much
in one area of my back, mind you it was
supposed to be a body massage, and dug
in with her elbow. At one point i
almost couldn’t breathe. Then once I
was done tried to stand and was so
lightheaded and dizzy I almost fell
down but caught myself on the wall that
was behind me. I paid and left. I
figured I would just never go back. But
when I woke Friday morning I was in a
lot of pain almost couldn’t get out of
bed but managed and rubbed so icy hot
on and went to work. Figuring that it
was just sore. But it is now Sunday and
I’m still in just as much pain. I plan
to see my doctor this Tues but I just
didn’t know how soon I should contact
someone or if I should because I really
feel as if something was done wrong and
I don’t know massage therapy laws.

Asked on October 21, 2018 under Personal Injury, Ohio


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

If there is evidence of significant long-lasting damage caused by this, you may have a lawsuit for compensation for personal injury caused by negligence, or carelessness. But there would have to be significant, long-lasting damage or injury for viable lawsuit; the law does not provide any compensation for short-term and discomfort, only for long-lasting (typically months or longer) and serious injury. Also, to bring a lawsuit for personal injury, you need not just medical evidence of the injury, but you will need a doctor to write a report for the lawsuit and testify at trial, and as you can imagine, that can be very expensive to hire a doctor for that purpose--and so again, you need significant enough injury, damage, or disability so as to potentially win enough money to justify the cost of the lawsuit.
Go to the doctor; see what he or she says. If you did suffer some long-lasting harm, then you may wish to see a personal injury lawyer to explore if yoiu have a worthwhile lawsuit.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption