I fell on a private tennis club court. Prior negligence of the courts has been noted.

UPDATED: Jun 29, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 29, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I fell on a private tennis club court. Prior negligence of the courts has been noted.

To begin: The owner has been made aware (members have notified the manager) that the courts are in disrepair. On this particular court I had not noticed there was a hole the size of a softball where the asphalt is gone. Yesterday, I fell backwards while rushing backwards to get a lob. My heel caught in the hole and I landed hard on my back and arm, jamming my hand and hitting my head. I have not been to a Dr. I worry, as often is the case, that the pain increases or does not go away. My ins. is expensive and I am 59 on a limited income. Thanks for any advice.

Asked on June 29, 2009 under Personal Injury, California


M.S., Member, Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

Anytime an individual is injured as a result of the negligence of another party, that party may potentially be liable for the person's injuries that result from that negligence.  Of course, ino order to recover damages you would need to be able to demonstrate that: 1) the defendant's actions fell below the appropriate standard of care (i.e. were negligent or reckless), 2) that you suffered injury as a result, and 3) that the defendant has assets or insurance that can be subject to recovery.

Since you have alleged that you have suffered injury, and that that injury was as a result of the potentially negligent maintenance of the tennis courts, and since these were private courts (which means that the owner most likely has an insurance policy or some other recoverable assets) I suggest that you consult with and/or retain a personal injury attorney to represent your interests arising out of  this matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption