I feel that I was overcharged, and mis charged when I moved out of an aparment, that I leased for a year.

UPDATED: May 22, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 22, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I feel that I was overcharged, and mis charged when I moved out of an aparment, that I leased for a year.

In Octber I called my apartments to let them know that I am not going to extend my lease that I will be leaveing after the year contract, they said that I would have to go in that day to give a 30 day notice, so I went and signed the form. This company has been through 3 different managements since Oct 2008, they said that I didnt complete two things when I left, which I did, never tried to get ahold of me, I’ve called at least 5 times since left messages for call back, nothing. Now its May 09, and they say I owe $150.00, Please Help I feel I have been mistreated.

Asked on May 22, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Colorado


N. K., Member, Iowa and Illinois Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You can try to contact someone higher up in the current management company and explain everything to them and hope they rectify the matter.

Also, did you get any final paperwork/receipts from the original management company when you moved out? If so, you could point this out to the current company. Perhaps there was an honest mix-up in your paperwork between the different management companies.

If you still receive no satisfaction or it looks like you are going to have continued problems with the company, consult a lawyer experienced with tenant-landlord law.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption