What canI do ifI feel that I am a victim of reverse discrimination?

UPDATED: Mar 29, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What canI do ifI feel that I am a victim of reverse discrimination?

They are cutting hours at my job because it’s slow, but the Hispanic girls never get their schedules changed, only me. I have had numerous e-mails to the home office from guests about my wonderful job performance, none of the others have. Yet I am now working only 11 hours and there are other employees who get 25-30. Why not cut hours across the board, not just the “white girls”? Also, I am called “guerra” or white girl in Spanish by everyone who works there, including my manager.  Should I speak with an employment law attorney? In Redondo Beach, CA.

Asked on March 29, 2011 under Employment Labor Law, California


Aryeh Leichter / Leichter Law Firm, APC

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Under FEHA and Title VII, an employer is prohibited from discriminating against an employee based on his or her race or national origin, thus affording protection to all groups, not just minorities.  Please call 213-381-6557 or email me (leichterlaw@gmail.com) if you would like to discuss the matter further.


All the best,


Ari Leichter

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption