I called the police and there is a report which says that was not my fault. who is supposed to pay for my medical expenses?

UPDATED: May 20, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 20, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I called the police and there is a report which says that was not my fault. who is supposed to pay for my medical expenses?

the car i was driving is not mine, but is insured by the people that i work for,but is the other cars insurence supposed to pay for my medical expenses can I claim for a sui?

Asked on May 20, 2009 under Accident Law


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

If the accident is not your fault, the other driver's insurance should pay.  If that insurance company is refusing to pay for your injuries or damage to the employer's car, then both you and the employer need to file suit against the insurance company and the owner and driver of the other vehicle.  Why? Quickest way to get the settlement and move on.

Try www.attorneypages.com and check his or her record at your State's Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption