If I’m underage and got a ticket for driving without a license and no car insurance, amI in serious trouble?

UPDATED: Dec 2, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I’m underage and got a ticket for driving without a license and no car insurance, amI in serious trouble?

About how much will the fine be?

Asked on December 2, 2011 under General Practice, California


Kelly Broadbent / Broadbent & Taylor

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

In Massachusetts, driving with no insurance and without a license are criminal infractions.  Typically, the citation would first go to a clerk magistrate to determine whether there is probable cause to advance the complaint.  If it is dismissed at the clerk level, the case would not show on your criminal record.  If the case goes to an arraignment, it may be possible to have the matter dismissed on court costs, or it may require more action.  Each case is fact specific. 

At this time, you should speak with a lawyer to determine how to proceed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption