i am not divorce yet must i keep my spouse on my medical insurance if they have a job?

UPDATED: Jun 25, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 25, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

i am not divorce yet must i keep my spouse on my medical insurance if they have a job?

Asked on June 25, 2009 under Family Law, Pennsylvania


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It is unclear from your question weather or not you and your spouse have a separation agreement or some kind of a temporary order as to assets, rightsand obligations or nothing at all.  If you have a separation agreement or temporary order I would suggest that you review it for the issue you have raised.  If providing insurance after the divorce is an issue that has been discussed  I would not do anything to rock the boat on your end.  If your spouse is to obtain their own insurance after divorce as per your agreement or order then I would wait. Call your divorce attorney and see how this was negotiated.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption