What to do if I am kept from seeing my kids even though I am made to pay child support?

UPDATED: Sep 21, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 21, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I am kept from seeing my kids even though I am made to pay child support?

I am unable to get legal aid because of the channels my legally separated wife went through. She refuses to let me see them since they were born and I have not had enough money to pay a lawyer even though I need one because I believe that the children are in some unsafe conditions, I have tried many times in the past with calling the cops and so on an so forth. She calls the cops on me if I even come to the house or try to see them at all. Also, I believe that she had an in with the judge and that the ruling was very unjust and all in their favor. Additionally, one of the kids are likely not mine but I have not really had a chance to get a DNA test.

Asked on September 21, 2012 under Family Law, Kentucky


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You need a lawyer. You need a lawyer. You need to go to legal aid, the state bar, parent groups, anything of this sort and get a lawyer. You need to force a DNA test on all of these kids and that will help determine to whom you are indebited. You can then seek amendments to the support order and visitation because she is in contempt. She cannot prevent you from seeing these children. If you have legal documentation or evidence showing the affair between the judge and your ex, go to the state bar and show what occurred and go to the chief judge and show what has occurred and seek recourse. Be vigilant. Many state bars have pro bono attorneys and programs.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption