If I’m in the military and my ex has gotten into my home while I’m deployed, what is the process of getting her out?

UPDATED: Apr 10, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 10, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I’m in the military and my ex has gotten into my home while I’m deployed, what is the process of getting her out?

Both of us are in the, military trying to solve the issue without telling our command. She is my ex-girlfriend and has family down the road to go home to. She tells me she not leaving unless a US Marshall makes her. She asked for 30 days but her family may bring drugs into my home. There is no lease agreement or permission for her to stay at my home.

Asked on April 10, 2012 under Real Estate Law, District of Columbia


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You really need to involve the Sheriff's Department or US Marshall. She has broken into your home (unless she has a key and you never changed the lock). You need to inform the correct law enforcement aency that she has no permission to be on the premises and that her entry constitutes trespassing. This should be enough to convince her to leave if an officer approaches her. I understand you do not wish to get your comman involved; however, it seems it may be necessary to protect your military career.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption