What to do if I’m currently a college student and just got charged with public intoxication?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I’m currently a college student and just got charged with public intoxication?

One night I was out with my boyfriend, clearly under the influence of alcohol. A cop came up to us and told my boyfriend to take me inside so I wouldnt get in trouble. However, my boyfriend of 3 years, was being slightly aggressive in an attempt to snap me out of it so I wouldnt get in trouble. Unfortunately, the cop then assumed that he was trying to take advantage of me. Even as my boyfriend told him that he was calling me a cab and that we truly were a couple, the cop still decided he needed to arrest me and take me to jail. I was charged with public intoxication and underage possession. when i was 16 I got a DUI. What can I do to fight this or what is going to happen since this is my 2nd offense?

Asked on September 30, 2013 under Criminal Law, Virginia


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Hello. You need to contact an attorney licensed in YOUR state. You should not post details of yor private criminal issues on a public website. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.



Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily



Minnesota Law Firm



IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption