What to do if I’m a US citizen applying for a green card for my Canadian born 16-month old child and want to waive the vaccine requirement for religious reasons?

UPDATED: Sep 18, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 18, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I’m a US citizen applying for a green card for my Canadian born 16-month old child and want to waive the vaccine requirement for religious reasons?

What do I need to include in the letter to get approved? We have recently moved to the US and I am the sole custodial parent.

Asked on September 18, 2013 under Immigration Law, Georgia


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Hello. You need to make persuasive and strong arguments in support of your position.  Do contact a private attorney who will be happy to help you in your case preparation. Immigration and Visa law is federal law, so any knowledgeable licensed attorney may assist you. You may phone my law firm on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as weekdays. This website provides general information and general principles of law and does not provide private legal advice. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.


Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily




Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Hello. I have processed these before. You must file for a Waiver of Inadmissibility with proof of your objection to the immunizations. You must show strong proof and history of why. You will get a medical exam without the immunizations and then be giving the opportunity to make your arguments. I would be happy to review with you and process if you like. Feel free to contact anytime: harun@ksvisalaw.com OR 858-874-0711

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption