What canI do if I am a first-time offender and have been charged with manufacturing with intent to deliver marijuana?

UPDATED: Dec 28, 2010

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What canI do if I am a first-time offender and have been charged with manufacturing with intent to deliver marijuana?

I am 22 and facing felony charges. I have never gotten into trouble with the law before. Can I use a 7411 or anything else?

Asked on December 28, 2010 under Criminal Law, Michigan


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

Your in quite a bit of trouble here. The fact is that 7411 as to do with drug possession, and not drug manufacturing and distribution.  However, you need to consult directly with a criminal law attorney in your area.  Pick one that is local to the court in question.  He/she will have contacts within the judicial system that can be used to your best advantage.

Skilled defense counsel may be able to get this charge dismissed (based on technicality, for example), or at least have it reduced (possibly to a possession charge which in turn would let you avail yourself of the alternative sentencing provided for under 7411). The fact that this is your first offense will help. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption