If my husband is to be extradited for bad check fugitive of justice, where do I need to hire an attorney?

UPDATED: Aug 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my husband is to be extradited for bad check fugitive of justice, where do I need to hire an attorney?

Should I hire attorney here or wait until he gets extradited back to thae state of the alleged crime? There is no bond here for him related to the charge. He was in jail 3 years ago because of an unpaid sewer bill he spent the weekend and was bailed out after since the other state at that time did not want to come and get him. Now they do. He was arrested at the DMV trying to renew his expired driver’s license. He is a wonderful former Marine of 15 years and great man.

Asked on August 11, 2012 under Criminal Law, Alabama


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I would hire an attorney in both places.  The one where you are on a flat fee limited basis to make sure that everything is done properly with the extradition and one in the other state to defend him.  Maybe the one in your state knows some one in the other state he or she can recommend.  Ultimately it is the attorney in the other state that will do the majority of the work.  Good luck. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption