Hr isn’t sending paperwork I need emailed

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Hr isn’t sending paperwork I need emailed

My loan company for my house is requesting information from my employer I provided my employer with the information needed on Tuesday and asked that it be sent out before

Friday. I was told the email was sent but loan company still hasn’t received an email so they said a simpler option would be to get a statement of my last 30 days of paystubs. Employer told me I couldn’t receive them today, Friday, because the HR accountant was

Asked on July 29, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Indiana


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Yes, your employer can delay, or even refuse, to provide this paperwork for you. Your employer is, simply put, under *no* legal requirement or obligation whatsoever to provide this paperwork for you for a loan appication, no matter how much notice you give them. Yes, most employers will help you out this way--but they do so because they choose to do so. The law does not make them do this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption