How visible is my record

UPDATED: Apr 14, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 14, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How visible is my record

I have had a change of plea after probation for felony forgery to misdemeanors. I know I can’t own a firearm, but can I become a firefighter and do I have to disclose my record to a fire fighting agency?

Asked on April 14, 2009 under Criminal Law, California


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You have a right to obtain a copy of your criminal record.  Check it out and see what comes up.  The question of whether you can become a firefighter is something the city/county will tell you when you submit your application.  You must be truthful on your application so you will need to be honest with what the question is asking you.  You must disclose what the agency asks you to disclose during your application process. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption