How to word 7 day notice to vacate?

UPDATED: Sep 15, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How to word 7 day notice to vacate?

I am a property manager. I was just informed by a resident that his child was exposed to the view of another resident’s genitals while he was urinating outside his apartment. He has had 3 warnings because of complaints that he was doing this. How would I word a 7 day notice to move based on this last instance?

Asked on September 15, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

In most states in this country at least thrity (30) days notice is required in writing by the landlord to terminate a tenant's lease, not seven (7) days written notice. I suggest you check up on Florida law to make sure you are required to give a thirty (30) day written notice to terminate the lease of the tenant you want out.

As far as forms needed to draft the notice, you can google Florida forms for a notice of termination of a tenancy in order to get a template for the notice that you desire to have served upon the tenant you want to end the lease with. The notice needs to be signed and dated by you and it is best if it is personally served upon the tenant you want out by a person over the age of eighteen (18) years of age.

The thirty (30) day time period begins running from the time service is made on the document, not its actual date.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption