how to proceed with recourse on seller and selliing agent that falsified disclosure statement

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

how to proceed with recourse on seller and selliing agent that falsified disclosure statement

I purchased a condo that has had numerous issues since day one. Specifically the plumbing and appliances. The disclosure statement reflects the HVAC unit was entirely replaced in 2016. Upon inspection, the unit was original and did not work. Seller had to replace entire unit. Seller did not sign the disclosure – someone else did. I have a laundry list of occurrences including two cases of pipes bursting and flooding the condo. Seller advised the plumbing was all replaced brand new in 2003. Inspector failed to report visible black mold.

Asked on March 22, 2018 under Real Estate Law, South Carolina


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

So if the inspection was falsified then you may have a cause of action as against the inspector (hopefully licensed and bonded) and you have an action against the selling agent if he or she knowingly falsified the disclosure statement.  Here is a link.  Get legal help.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption