How to get out of ahome security contract?

UPDATED: Feb 20, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 20, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How to get out of ahome security contract?

The alarm doesn’t work; they wouldn’t fix it. They havewr ongfully taking money form my back account even though I’m not on the contract. The contract is for 60 months. The say the will put a lean on my house if we don’t pay.

Asked on February 20, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, Mississippi


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

From what you have written about your home warranty contract, the best way to see if you can end your agreement without recourse is to carefully read the document and see if there is a legal basis for you to terminate it. The best way to get a proper legal opinion is to consult with an attorney experienced in contract law about your situation.

If the alarm does not work, I would write the company about the need to get it fixed and withhold payment on the contract until repairs are made. Keep a copy of the letter for future reference and need.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption