How to fight insurance denial claims

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How to fight insurance denial claims

Our homeowners insurance company denied our claim from a flood in our basement with over 30k of damage. They are saying there not responsible for anything. Please let us know if there is a type of attorney we can consult with to discuss. Thank you.

Asked on March 20, 2017 under Insurance Law, New York


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

It would be advisable to review your insurance policy and the reason the insurance company has given for denying the claim.
It would be advisable to speak with an attorney who handles bad faith cases against insurance companies.  Your County Bar Association probably has an attorney referral service that can refer you to an attorney who handles bad faith claims against insurance companies.
Another course of action is to contact your state's Insurance Commissioner and file a complaint against your insurance company.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption