How much can we sue a DJ forifhe made no effort to show up at a wedding thathe was paid for?

UPDATED: Mar 7, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 7, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How much can we sue a DJ forifhe made no effort to show up at a wedding thathe was paid for?

DJ was paid for. 2 hours before time to arrive his “truck broke down” Made no effort to make it to the reception. Several phone calls have been made to him as well as e-mail with no response back. We would like to get him for original cost, cost of new DJ we were lucky to find, and emotional stress to my daughter totaling $3500.

Asked on March 7, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If the disk jockey you hired and paid money for could not attend the wedding due to car issues, then he or she should simply refund you the money that was paid for his scheduled services.

If the new disk jockey cost more than the one that failed to show, then possibly you can bring an action for the increased costs against the first person. As to emotional distress claims, that type of damage is not allowed under the law for breach of contract claims as you have with your question.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption