how long would the sentence be for someone who has a dui and 2 priors plus a FOJ for the dui in Pa

UPDATED: Jul 3, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 3, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

how long would the sentence be for someone who has a dui and 2 priors plus a FOJ for the dui in Pa

Asked on July 3, 2009 under Criminal Law, Arizona


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I don't know when the offenses occurred; it makes a difference. In 2004 a new law went into effect.  Here's a link to a site that explains further:

As to the FOJ, without more facts I can't say what the sentence would be.  One is for sure, turning yourself in voluntarily will weigh heavily in your favor.  If you get stopped by the police for anything this warrant will turn up; even for something as simple as an employment background check.

What you need to do is to consult with a criminal defense attorney in Pennsylvania.  He/she will advise as to how best to handle all of this.  You are doing the right thing.  It's better to get this over with now than looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption