How do you unfreeze assets (maybe in escrow) to pay legal and living fees once out on bond?

UPDATED: Jul 3, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 3, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do you unfreeze assets (maybe in escrow) to pay legal and living fees once out on bond?

Arrest made was for fraud, now ALL assets are frozen and defendants are out on Bond. Legal fees are piling up as well as last payroll checks for business and Mortgage payments on 2 offices and Residence. Are third party services that can facilitate the unfreezing of appropriate assets under their control to help pay for relevant expenses?

Asked on July 3, 2009 under Criminal Law, Texas


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I'm not sure what kind of "third party services" you're thinking about.  But what you need is some very fancy lawyering, and depending on the facts, that might not be enough.

There's a lot of factual background, here. I'd have to assume that there were some people who are claiming financial injury as a result of your alleged fraud, and they will be filing civil suits against you soon (if they haven't already started).  Those people will want to keep your money tied up as well, until they can get their cases against you to trial, once the criminal proceedings are over.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption