How do you know if a bond is high?

UPDATED: Jun 7, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 7, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do you know if a bond is high?

My boyfriend is in jail for assult , tampering with evidence, and interfering with an officer and his bond is 30,000. I did some research an assult charge and interfering with an officer are both $1,000 and tampering with evidence can’t exceed over 5,000. This is on an indian reservation.

Asked on June 7, 2009 under Criminal Law, Arizona


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

That is not necessarily the case.  Every case is different.  Does your boyfriend have a violent past? If so, that could be a reason.  Biggest issue for you is you should be concerned with why your boyfriend assault someone, tampered with evidence and interfered with an officer.

It doesn't matter if it is on an Indiana reservation.

Does he have a public defender? If so, his public defender would have brought it up if it is was high.  If his public defender was ineffective, he should contact another defender and ask for a reassignment of his lawyer.

If he can afford private counsel, try www.attorneypages.comand search for a criminal defense attonrey.  Check his or her record at the Arizona State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption