How do you keep yourself from being sued for a trampoline injury?

UPDATED: Apr 12, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do you keep yourself from being sued for a trampoline injury?

My parents bought a house which I live in with 2 other girlfriends. We pay rent and we signed a lease. I want to get a trampoline but my mother is concerned that someone will get drunk and hurt themselves. Then my parents will be sued. We don’t ever have party’s and none of us ever drink more then a glass of wine so I know this will not be the case. Is there anything I can do to wave their liability? Or make sure if they ever did get sued it wouldn’t hold up in court?

Asked on April 12, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Michigan


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately there is no sure guarantee to keep oneself from being sued for a trampoline injury. However, one option is for you to get a policy of insurance in your name with respect to the trampoline that you want for personal injury that you pay the premiums for and where your parents are named as an additional insured upon it.

That might placate your parents. Also, have a personal injury lawyer draft a waiver and release of liability document for all people who use the trampoline to date and sign before they ever get on it. The people using the trampoline who sign the release all have to be over 18 years of age and if not, their parents need to date and sign the release. These are the suggestions to assist you in getting the trampoline that you desire.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption