How do I take care of a warrant from 8 years agoif I live in a different state?

UPDATED: Jan 3, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 3, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I take care of a warrant from 8 years agoif I live in a different state?

I took a plea bargain out of a crazy ordeal I shouldn’t have been arrested for with a first offenders sentence, as I had never been arrested. This all happened around 8 years ago. I found out last year that I had a warrant out, tried to contact the probation office and my old lawyer with no response. The officer said they wouldn’t come pick me up for some reason. I just got married, we have four kids together, and I’m in college. I don’t want to lose everything or drop out of college but I live far away now. I don’t know what to do and can’t afford a lawyer. What do I do? My kids need me.

Asked on January 3, 2012 under Criminal Law, Texas


Hong Shen / Roberts Law Group

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Try to find an attorney in the old state so that he or she could appear on your behalf. Call around and someone might be interested to appear it for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption