How do I have a company replace my lawn after the company destroyed it?

UPDATED: Jul 29, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 29, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I have a company replace my lawn after the company destroyed it?

I hired a lawn service to take care of my lawn (ie. get it thickened up, greener, get rid of weeds, etc.) In the process, the “technician” sprayed the wrong chemicals on my lawn which killed my entire lawn. I have given them ample time to resolve the issue, and they just turned it over to their “risk management department”. The person from the RMD contacted me about what they were going to do about this situation and informed me that, after many discussions with the offending service, that they were not going to honor the claim. Where do I go from here?

Asked on July 29, 2011 Florida


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

To the courts.  You have to have someone read all the documentation on your behalf in order to determine what the rights and liabilities of the parties are here.  And you need to get something in writing from the risk department as to why they are not honoring the claim.  I am assuming that the company that did this was licensed and bonded and they committed negligence in what they did.  They should be insured for it.  It may be a good idea for you to pay an attorney on a consultation basis only for the matter and to write a letter on your behalf.  If this does not work at least you will have a good outline on what you need to do to sue the company.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption