how do I go about submitting a letter of request to the sentencing judge for supervised of shock probation?

UPDATED: May 13, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 13, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

how do I go about submitting a letter of request to the sentencing judge for supervised of shock probation?

my daughter has never been in trouble and she was sentenced to 10 years on a possession case help me please.

Asked on May 13, 2009 under Criminal Law, Texas


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

How much did she possess that she was sentenced to 10 years? Wa it with intent to distribute or sell?

Your best bet in this situation is not to go about it alone.  I know you want to help your daughter.  If you are not an attorney, your time and money will be better spent if you hire a criminal defense attorney, one who knows your particular court system and its judges and sentencing habits to determine if anything can be appealed or changed or diminished.  Try and then check his or her record at the Texas State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption