How do I get them to drop a no contact order in a domestic violence case?

UPDATED: Jul 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I get them to drop a no contact order in a domestic violence case?

Following a problem with his medication my Husband became paranoid and violent.I called the police and have been very clear from the beginning that this isn’t normal for him.He has no criminal history. We have a special needs child who is distressed by not seeing dad and another baby on the way so this no contact order is horrible for my family.How can I get this removed as soon as humanly possible?Is there a form I can fill out? I called the county prosecutor’s office but all I can get is a secretary who says it’s all up to the judge.

Asked on July 11, 2012 under Criminal Law, Utah


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you are the victim of domestic violence and you wish to lift the no contact order, you will have to contact the local prosecutor or Judge who issued the no contact order and request that it be amended to a No Assautlive Contact order (NAC). A NAC order means that your husband can come into contact with you and the family, but if at any point he becomes violent or assaultive, then he can be arrested for violating the NAC order.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption