How do I get rid of property I no longer want that is in Hot Springs Village Arkansas ?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I get rid of property I no longer want that is in Hot Springs Village Arkansas ?

I bought a vacant lot in Hot Springs Village Ar. Several years ago. I’m 68 years old
and will never use this property. The HSV homeowners association charges me
38.00/month fees. I can no longer afford to pay this fee. How can I get out of this
contract legally?

Asked on April 21, 2017 under Real Estate Law, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can't get rid of real estate you own unless someone else agrees to acquire or take it from you (which, of course, is purely voluntary). You will need to find someone to buy it from you or who will accept it as a gift or donation. Try adjacent or adjoining property owners, who may want more land; developers or builders or contractors, who may be interested in being given or acquring for a low price land to build on; charities, including green space, organizations. But if no one will take it, you will be stuck with it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption