How do I get an insurance company to answer my calls

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I get an insurance company to answer my calls

I was involved in a car accident with a
person who is driving on a revolked
licence. The car insurance belong to
her husband they aren’t cooperating
at all.My insurance is not being
helpful..all i want is my car
fixed.what can i do?

Asked on September 25, 2016 under Accident Law, Illinois


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

The other driver or their insurance only has to pay for your damage if the other driver was at fault (i.e. driving carelessly) in causing the accident--driving on a revoked licence does not,by itself, mean they were at fault. If you thi k the other driver was at fault but they do not voluntarily compensate you, your option is to sue them (you sue the driver, not their insurer) and prove in court that they were at fault. If you can do that, you can get a court judgment requiring them to pay. If the cost to repair is less than the limit for amall claims court, suing in small claims, as yiur own attorney or pro se is a good option.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption