How do i get a insurance company to pay off a policy that i think im covered under

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do i get a insurance company to pay off a policy that i think im covered under

I took out a disability policy on my truck
loan they paid for about 13 months and i
was on a medical disability and i am also
getting ssi because of my injury. CUNA
now states since i can work a hour a day
they will no longer pay what are my rights
in this could you please help me.

Asked on August 2, 2017 under Insurance Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

If you believe that under the terms of the policy--which is a contract; both parties (you and the insurer) are bound by what it say--they should be paying you in this situation, you can sue them for "breach of contract," or violating their contractual obligations. You would need to show in court what the policy says, your condition, ability to work, and other relevant facts, etc.; if the court concludes that under these circumstances, they should pay you, the court can order them to do so. If you can't find a lawyer who covers this field, you are allowed to be your own attorney, or "pro se": you can get instructions and/or sample forms from the court, either in person or online. Before doing that, though, contact your state bar association: they may be able to provide a list of lawyers who would hande a case like this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption