How do I fix our wedding date on divorce papers?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I fix our wedding date on divorce papers?

I live in Arizona, and my husband served me with divorce papers. We agree on everything but he put the wrong wedding date and I need to fix it but I don’t know how. Please help

Asked on July 6, 2016 under Family Law, Arizona


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Usually, if a party files an amended petition, then the clerks will not charge a new fee for the amendment.  So, if your husband wants to correct the error, it's just a matter of correcting the date and resubmitting it as an 'amended petition.'
However, this is not a critical issue.  The court can still grant the divorce as long as both of you agree on the terms of the final order.  If the error is never corrected, it will not affect your ability to finalize the divorce or proceed forward.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption