How do I document my fraudulentmarriage for reporting purposes to theUSCIS?

UPDATED: Jan 19, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 19, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I document my fraudulentmarriage for reporting purposes to theUSCIS?

I married a Mexican citizen 7 years ago. That same year my husband found another woman and began an affair. I had rented a house in Mexico that he lived in and I would visit once a month. After he obtained his visa 2 years ago and he returned to the US but became very distant. About9 months ago he informed me that he was in love with this woman in Mexico and he had never loved me. A few weeks later I began to file for divorce. He avoided the divorce proceedings and I ended up filing for default and obtaining my divorce this month. How do I contact USCIS to inform them of this fraud?

Asked on January 19, 2012 under Immigration Law, Arizona


SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Contact your local office, by going on the website, and make an INFOPASS appointment.  Then, once you are at USCIS, ask to speak with an officer and explain the situation to them.  You should have some evidence, maybe emails, letters, etc. and his information like his A#, etc.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption