How doI deal with an out of state warrant?

UPDATED: Dec 6, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 6, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How doI deal with an out of state warrant?

I ended up getting a blood test in march because I was pulled over for expired tags and I was 20 at the time and I did have a drink. I was sent home with no charges. I went to basic training a week later or so. I was just told that I was issued a warrant for my arrest 7 months ago with a $1500 dollar bail. I currently live in another state and would like to deal with this from here. Is there anything I can do?

Asked on December 6, 2011 under Criminal Law, Indiana


Kelly Broadbent / Broadbent & Taylor

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You should contact an attorney in the state with the open warrant to assist in clearing up the open matter.  In Massachusetts, an attorney may be able to file a motion to remove the warrant and waive your presence at the various pretrial hearings.  You most likely will have to attend court at some point, whether it is for a trial or to resolve the matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption