How do I compel a property management company to answers questions regarding our lease?

UPDATED: Feb 9, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 9, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I compel a property management company to answers questions regarding our lease?

Property management company will not clearly answer whether or not our lease is still with them or with a new assignment. And will not answer questions about the disposition of our security deposit- which is in excess of 60 days overdue after our walk-through.

Asked on February 9, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Maryland


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Good question. There really is no way to compel the property management company to answer questions that you may have concerning your lease. The best way to try and get answers from the property management company is to write its representative stated questions that you have keeping a copy of the letter with a stated date for a response.

One option is to consult with a landlord tenant attorney about your questions. He or she may be able to answer them and if not, this attorney could write a letter on your behalf to the property management company seeking answers to your questions on your behalf.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption