How do i apply for child support enforcement without a lawyer?

UPDATED: Mar 25, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do i apply for child support enforcement without a lawyer?

My daughter has been living with my husband and I for over a year, and my exhusband has provided no support for my daughter. We have joint custody and it is ordered that he pays $60 a month and i need to know how I can take him back to court and enforce him to pay child support without the aid of a lawyer because we cant afford to hire a lawyer?

Asked on March 25, 2009 under Family Law, Kansas


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Try legal aid in your area and if you have a court order in place regarding such child support, you can contact the court to arrange a hearing regarding this issue.  At some point, the court will begin proceedings to garnish his wages.  Make sure you figure out and can prove how much he is behind (in arrears).


Try the following:

1. Try

2. Try



IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption