How do I appeal an ejectment order? And who do I appeal to?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I appeal an ejectment order? And who do I appeal to?

We are losing our home. At an ejectment hearing, the judge told us to appeal his decision when we received it. It was dated 6/10. How do I appeal? And to who do I appeal?

Asked on June 25, 2019 under Real Estate Law, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You file an appeal to the appellate court. That would be the Superior Court--that's what the appellate courts in your state are called. You have to file the appeal within a short period of time: within 30 days of the ruling you are appealing. 
You will need to get the transcrtipt of the hearing you are providing and provide a copy of the written or disposition, if there is one.
An appeal does not by itself stop the ejectment: you will also need to file a motion to stay the ejectment pending the appeal. You really will want a lawyer to help you.
If the lawyer you had hired did not show for the hearing, that may be malpractice: you should consider suing him for malpractice.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption